Sunday, August 28, 2011

Listen, a woman with a bull dozer built this house of love

The wind it gusts and the rain in falls, but so far Hurricane Irene has been gentle with us. Hope it remains that way; we've still got a ways to go.

On Friday, I went to Jim's mother's wake after work. She died unexpectedly and the disbelief and sorrow was evident on every one's faces. Jim had just gotten married only several days before. You just never know.

Glad I didn't go camping this weekend with the weather being the way it was, although I have no idea how it was up in Vermont - could have been ideal - but the risk of it being shitty for at least a good portion of the time was pretty high. Hope those that went escaped the effects of Irene.

Wrote and recorded a song over the course of the last few days and I'm not sure what I think of the final product. Perhaps it could have been longer, maybe the vocals could be different. I need some space from it and then I'll decide what to do.

Between you and me, I'm not in the mood to be writing, so I'm going to bail out and do other things. I may work on music, finish watching The Red Shoes, maybe re-watch 13 Assassins because it rocked so hard, do some reading. Maybe all of these things. If the power stays on, I'll be able.




No comments: