Wednesday, August 17, 2011

And I wish I'd listened to the words you said

Went to bed too late last night (around two-ish) and woke up at four a.m. wide awake. I had a ton of energy for some reason. Wasn't stressed or anything, just wide awake. Don't recall when I fell back asleep, but when my alarm went off I nearly slept through it, something I never do. So, yeah, I'm rather tired, but I'll manage.

Over the weekend, I figured out the business of converting songs from my recorder to my computer. And when I discovered that the format they were in (WAV) made the songs too big to send via email, I figured out how to convert the WAV files to AAC. Persistence pays off.

For the last several days, I've been writing, recording, and sending music. I think I was at it for eight or nine hours on Sunday. Being able to put song ideas on my iPod has noticeably quickened the writing process. I wrote two songs last night that only need lyrics. I recorded them, then copied them to my computer, and from there I emailed them to Scott for his perusal and put them on my iPod. I've been listening to them a lot and hope to have them finished in a day or two.

When I haven't been immersed in music, I've been doing other sexy things. I watched 13 Assassins streaming on Netflix last night. I'd been wanting to see that one since I read Roger Ebert's glowing review several months ago. Yesterday, he posted on Twitter that it was streaming on Netflix. I watched it almost immediately after reading that. Really, really good, t'was. Paid homage to Seven Samurai, one of the greatest movies of all time - in my top three, if you must know - but didn't steal. I kind of want to watch it again, it was so good.

I also finished Martin's A Dance With Dragons. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Clearly, it was very well written and better than almost everything else in the genre, but it didn't really grip me like the previous installments. Seemed like not much happened, but when I think back upon it, a lot happened. I think, because I'd been waiting so long for the book to come out, my expectations may have been too high. I bet, when I read the book again, I'll be able to comprehend it better. There were some mind blowing turn of events near the end. Hope I don't have to wait too long before the next installment.

Last night, as I may my way to the kitchen, I saw Ray moving things around in the dining room. I asked her what she was up to. "Oh, I'm thinking about making an obstacle course for Mike, but I'm not sure if I have enough supplies to do it." Reason number 12 why I like having Rae as a roommate.

Both of my roommates are so low maintenance and pleasant, it took me a week or two to really accept it. I kept waiting for some kind of drama, a bout of complaining, something. Nope. Not yet,at least. They are both so generous, too. I really like the dynamics of the household. The only thing that would make it better is if Janelle and Pooch Edward Bottoms still lived here. Then we'd have an all-star lineup, to be sure.

Ok, time to work on songs. I think it may be an early night, which means I'll probably stay up even later than I did last night. Oh, Kevin, you so cray-zay!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please for Christ sake help this poor boy from Haiti.