Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sprinkled all my kisses on your head

Just got back from the laundromat, where I read some Sherlock Holmes and watched the pretty ladies walk by. Now I'm here before you, with a warm mug of coffee, ready to confess my sins. Hold tight, readers, they are legion.

Is having dreadful sex a sin? If it is, then I'm on the highway to hell. It was the worst I ever had, probably worse than any you've ever had. It was so bad I feel like I'm being fraudulent qualifying it as sex. I'm not about to name names - my initials are not TMZ - but this person should probably read a manual on the subject. I won't say anymore short of adding that I likely would have had a better time with a cadaver. As rigid as a fire poker, she was, but without the occasional warmth. I don't care how long I go without, I will never again engage in such sub par carnality. And, whatever state my self esteem is in notwithstanding, this fiasco had nothing to do with me. I'm being serious. Why are you laughing?

Went to my parent's house after work yesterday. Hadn't seen them in a while. A nice visit, but it's always bittersweet when I leave. I grew up in that house; sometimes it seems like it was yesterday, other times my memories have a faraway, dream-like quality. My parent's are aging and sometimes a part of me desperately wants to to stop it from happening, to freeze everything. I don't heed that part of me, because it's a slippery slope.

Maybe some recording tonight. I finally figured out how to convert mixes to wave files so, who knows, I may even post some songs on this here site. And, if you're not repulsed by music, you may even listen.

Peace.






2 comments:

Kate said...

Were you in Lowell again? Despite the fact that you didn't share any names and scant details (thankfully) I think that some things are better left to oneself.

Kevin said...

Thanks for your input, Kate. I confess I'm puzzled by your stance. Why do you feel I should have left that story to myself? As you stated, it wasn't because I shared who I partnered with or that I was heavy on the details (thankfully?). So, through the process of elimination, I'm left to conclude the following possibilities:

1. You feel the topic of sex should not be written about.

2. You're okay with the topic of sex, but you feel the topic of bad sex is taboo.

3. You're fine with the topic of sex, good or bad, but not when it's me writing about my experiences with it.

Or maybe it's something else entirely. Maybe your just taking the piss, who knows. Whatever it is, you're entitled to it with no judgement from me, but I've got news for you: I will continue, if I so choose, to write about sex as it pertains to my life without, of course violating anyone's confidentiality.

To me the only thing wrong about sex is the repression of it.