Friday, August 5, 2011

Now everywhere I go the women all know that I know there aint no other place to go but there

Despite it being Friday, I left work nursing a shroud of agitation. There are tangible reasons for this , but mostly I blame the large cup of coffee I had this afternoon. Got me all fiery and shit. I've since calmed down, but I've also just brewed some more coffee, so who knows what's going to happen. Maybe I should be locked in my room like Lawrence Talbot until the effects wear off. What? You're wondering who Lawrence Talbot is? Oh, lord, you better Google it. I have so much to teach you.

I'm not doing anything social tonight according to the plan I hatched earlier in the day when the plans I had in place fell through. I have it in mind to watch a movie or two and some Mad Men. I've got Takeshi Kitano's Sonatine and Jarhead all lined up. Maybe I'll go ape shit and engage in a movie marathon. Probably not, because I want to write some music and do some reading, but a boy can dream.

This morning, I awoke from a dream in which I was having a smashing good time at a party. Here's what I remember: 1. Foley running up to me and exhaling a thick cloud of smoke in my face. Rather than get cranky about it, I gave him a high five. Then I went over to Aaron and Heath and gave them high fives, too. I think I was trying to be ironic, but I can't say for sure 2. I hijacked the stereo and put on Captain Beefheart's The Spotlight Kid and everyone dug it. 3. Somehow, at this party a trial was taking place. Before it began, I made my way over to a bench in the room it was being held in and sat beside Kim, who gave me a scalp massage. Take note, friends, if I sit next to you, I expect some kind of massage 4. Someone - Scott, I recall - was recording several of the musicians at the party. I woke up before he got to me. Too bad, I was looking forward to it. Party dreams are where it's at.

Have you ever been in the situation where you've gone above and beyond for someone and someone else comes along while this is happening and does something for that person that is so insignificant that it barely deserves mention? Yet, despite your herculean efforts, the newcomer is the one who gets praised. Know what I'm talking about? You most certainly do. Ok, let's move on right the fuck out of this post.

Cheers, bitches!

No comments: