Saturday, August 6, 2011

Move along there bear, there, there, that's that.

Ended up watching Sonatine and Blood Simple last night. Sonatine was great. If it had been made in the states, it likely would have been a by-the-numbers, high octane action fest about a weary mob boss embroiled in a war between rival factions, but this was filmed in Japan and made by the unconventional Takeshi Kitano. Some of it was predictable, but a good chunk of it went places I would never have anticipated.

There was a section of the film where the boss and his crew are forced to hide out at a remote beach house. I expected it to be a brief sequence, but it was allowed to stretch out and encompassed a good portion of the film. Up until that point, the cast was stone-faced, not even the threat of a smile, but the stay at the beach house lightened everyone up to the point they were playing pranks on each other and engaging in mock sumo battles on the beach.

I can't say much about Blood Simple because I put it on late and kept falling asleep throughout it. I'm not entirely sure if that was due to the movie or my being tired. Maybe both. Anyway, it was the Cohen Brothers first film and I'd never seen it. And, after last night, I'm not sure that I have.

I just ate a light breakfast of a few raw almonds and a couple of slivers of smoked mozzarella cheese. Also some orange juice and coffee. I want to practice some yoga and it's never good to do so on a full stomach. Are you feeling me, brah?

Why is it that more often than not when I visit Facebook, I leave it feeling like I want to go live in a cabin for several months? It's an interesting microcosm of human interaction, to be sure, but human interaction isn't always appealing. Maybe it's just my own cynical perspective, but often when I'm on the site this is much of what I hear: "Hey, look at me! Please acknowledge me! Hey, you! LOOK AT ME!!! AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Ah, it's not that bad, you say. You're probably correct. Maybe it's just my own sour grapes that no one ever comments on the ultra-cool links I post (insert gentle sob here) and I'm lashing out. Maybe I'm the one howling "Please acknowledge me!". Could it be? Could that be the case? Sure, why not. Or, it could also be the case that I find it fucking annoying that I have to wade through knots of mewling attention-getters to get to the good stuff. I'm running out of people to block.

Why do I keep writing about Facebook? Because, as I stated before, it's an interesting microcosm of human interaction and I have little else to write about because my imagination is about the size of an atom. My heart, though, is pure and boundless.! It is everlasting and awash in glory!

Breaking news: I lost control of this post after the first paragraph and I'm going to pull out before things go FUBAR. Chalk it to the fact that I'm wool-headed from sleep and want to go practice yoga.

No comments: