Sunday, July 3, 2011

If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true?

A quiet weekend. Last night, Mara and I watched Days of Heaven. It was good seeing her. I was shocked almost to the point of passing out (it's true, damnit!) that she made it through the entire film. Why? Because: a) She almost always falls asleep b) She had just spent the entire day bike riding and was bushed c) The film has a trance-like quality to it and d) Prior to the film, I had forced her at gun-point to eat an entire turkey, which , as you know, has Triptophan, or whatever it's called in it.

Inspired by Bob Brozman, who I've been listening to a lot lately, I've been practicing playing guitar with a slide. Over the years, I've picked it up here and there but I'm certainly not proficient. I'm getting better and learning how subtly difficult it is. Sometimes you have to be gentle, sometimes rough. A lot of precision and nuance involved.

Might watch Iron Man: 2 today. Or read from a Feast For Crows. Maybe both. Oh, and some slide guitar playing, of course.

Janelle and Pooch Edward Bottoms came by today to pick up some stuff. Concurrent to that was Rae and her dad moving stuff into the house. Transition.

And I'm going to transit my butt out this piece. Holla!

No comments: