Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I like to look at shadows sweating on the wall

Another restless night of sleep. In case I haven't mentioned it, being sick sucks. I woke up around five thirty this morning wide awake. Really, it could have three in the afternoon for all the energy and alertness I had. Somehow, I managed to fall back asleep. And had a dream.

I was standing on the side of a road with my friend Mike. We spotted a wedding taking place on someone's lawn across the street. For some reason, Mike started yelling at the people. "Fuck you, you motherfuckers!", he bellowed. Everyone turned and looked our way. "Hey, assholes! Fuck off!", Mike shouted.

At first I thought it was kind of funny, but not for long. This was uncharacteristic behavior for Mike, especially when it was evident that there was no impetus for it. There were a few ushers in the wedding party who looked like they could handle themselves in a fight. They started walking towards us. Mike continued with his verbal assault. "Go home, you god-damned cocksuckers!"

I hurried across the street to attempt some damage control. I apologized to everyone profusely. There must have been about thirty people there. An older woman, the bride's grandmother, accepted my apology and then complimented me on my peacemaking skills. Others chimed in and I felt pretty damn good about myself. They asked me to stay for the rest of the wedding. I'm not sure if I did, because I woke up. A strange dream in which I learned two things: 1. Everyone loves me and 2. Mike is a fucking asshole.

Martin's A Dance With Dragons was released today. I am not ready for it. I'm only a little past the halfway mark with A Feast For Crows and I probably won't finish it in the next couple of days. It's widely considered the weakest book in the series, but I think that's more a reflection of how amazing the other books are. I'm loving the book and am enjoying the stuff I missed the first time around. It's going to be a great thing to be able to go right to the next book rather than waiting another five years.

I'm listening to Queensryche's Rage For Order. For my money, it's their best record. C'mon all you Operation: Mind Crime fans - I'll go toe to toe with you on this one. And I will win.

Well, there's nothing left to say after that.

No comments: