Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Morning Mr. Magpie

I'm good for some ear clogging at least once every summer. Washing my hair this morning, both of 'em got clogged up with water and if there was any drainage going on, I wasn't privy to it. I reached for the hydrogen peroxide but the bottle is no longer there. It's evening and I can barely hear out of my left ear. Nothing like keeping a tradition alive.

Hung out with Spira after work yesterday. She regaled me with tales from her trip to Peru and we had tacacho and salad for dinner. Yummers. We also had Peruvian coffee and and fruit smoothies. Yummers, part two. A nice visit. I missed her and was glad she returned home healthy, wealthy, and wise. Ok, maybe not wealthy.

Had a comical experience with a prostitute yesterday in Lowell. I was trying to find parking on a side street and I came upon an attractive young woman walking in the same direction. I passed her and a spot I wanted and made a three point turn a little up ahead. I didn't figure she was a prostitute until she hurried her steps toward me and leveled me with a very, how should I say, inviting smile. I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I figured it out fairly quickly. She must have thought I was turning around in order to solicit her services.

I have to say, as far as street hookers go, she looked pretty good, meaning she didn't have a haggard visage and wore an outfit that wasn't too slutty. She looked like a civilian. So how do I know she was a prostitute? Well, after I turned around, I drove back the way I had come, opting out of the spot I had my eye on so that I wouldn't have to deal with the prostitute. Of course there wasn't another spot, so I turned around again and decided to park in the original spot, hooker be damned. When she saw me coming back towards her, she stopped and waited.

Suddenly, a beat up old van came around the corner and pulled up beside her. A brief conversation took place and she hopped in. As I passed them, I peeked inside the van. The driver was pretty old looking and had a big shit-eating grin. They sped off. Man, if I had wanted that prostitute, I would have been pretty pissed at my shit luck and at that old man from stealing my girl!

Had a friend on Facebook that constantly published braggy posts. " Going out to eat with Shawn Thornton of the Bruins tonight". And then he'd post a picture of the two of them just in case no one believed him. I'm happy for you buddy, but I'm going to have to block you. And I did. Sometimes I feel like blocking almost everyone. Not everyone is overtly braggy, but there's plenty of ego gratification going on. Which is fine, but it's not very appealing to me. Still, there's enough about the site that I like to keep me coming back. And there's no getting around the fact that it's a great way to keep in touch with friends.

And now I'm going to get in touch with myself. Interpret that how you will.

No comments: