Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm going to Graceland

I've got the place to myself for the next couple of days. Rae left the other day for vacation and Fred just left to visit his parents in Maine. I had thought, late last night when I heard movement a floor below me, that Fred's girlfriend Danielle was in town. If so, the household was about to become 35% more animated. I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Well, anyway, turns out she wasn't here, and now no one but me is here.

I'm still sick, so I probably won't be throwing a party or anything. Will probably watch movies, read, play music, repeat. I want to see Spira before she leaves tomorrow, but I'm not sure if that will be a good idea. I don't want to give her my bug. I'll talk with her about it.

I watched 127 Hours last night. Finally. I've had the damn thing sitting around for weeks. It was good, but because I knew what was going to happen - the dude cutting his arm off to save his life - I wasn't terribly engaged. Overall, I enjoyed it. There were some unexpected sequences that made me smile in appreciation.

Some reviews are in for A Dance With Dragons. I've only skimmed so as not to fall into any spoilers, but every review has been positive. One claimed it was the best book in the series. Damn, I'm excited to read this book!

So, I love this dog, Mike that is living with us. We bonded pretty quickly. He's such a cute little guy. Rae keeps thanking me for showing interest in him, which always surprises me. I tell her I should be thanking her for bringing Mike into my life. After losing Pooch Edward, it's nice having another dog in the house.

I feel sluggish and am thinking about either taking measures to wake myself up or give in to the sluggishness and crawl into bed.

I'll have to think about this.

No comments: