Friday, July 8, 2011

The mother and child reunion is only a motion away

Well, I went for that run the other night. It was hot and humid, but I managed. When I reached Spy Pond, I went and sat on the grass by the shore. It wasn't so hot and humid here and there was a nice breeze. The sun was setting and I watched an attractive woman playing with her dog. I stuck around for a while, enjoying the placidity. It started getting dark; I made my way home.

I had needed the run and especially the soft meditation by the water. Earlier, I had been worrying over some things, one being a feeling of loneliness that had settled over me, another money concerns. The run helped with perspective. It also helped me get thoroughly soaked. When I left Spy Pond, the sky was clear. By the time I reached Davis Square, it was pouring.

I ran into Foley there. Hadn't seen him in a while, but our reunion was brief because of the rain. Seeing him helped take the edge of that loneliness I referred to. By the time I came home, I was soaked. It felt good. I stood in the kitchen and talked with Fred for a bit before hitting the shower and putting on dry clothes.

I woke up yesterday feeling ill. Seemed a head cold had landed. I spent most of my day at work with a leaky nose and a heavy skull. By the time I came home, I was feeling alright. I practiced yoga, which was my way of saying "F-you!" to the cold. Later that night, as I tried to sleep, the cold said "F-you!" back. I had strange dreams, mostly about being in Martin's fictional Westeros and tossed and turned. I alternated between shivering and sweating. I listened to a podcast about Sasquatch in the wee hours of the morning.

I didn't go to work today. I would have been useless there. I spent most of today lying in bed with a foggy mind and sore body. It's after six and I feel a bit more hale, but I still feel out of it. I have the weekend to recover. There is that.

Spira is leaving for Peru in a couple of days. Hers is a spiritual quest and she will drink ayahuasca tea like the shamans do and she will go places. After the requisite vomiting. Unfortunately, the tea induces it and there's no getting around it. She'll be gone for ten days and what's she's doing is the bravest thing I've seen anyone do in a long time.

I'm hankering for some Paul Simon. Might be a worthwhile endeavor to sit back and listen to some. I will make it so.

Time for this sick ol' dog to end this. My energy level is low and I'm looking over at the bed with visions of laying on it and watching movies and reading from A Feast For Crows, a book I'd like to finish soon because........

A Dance With Dragons, the next installment will be released next week! After five years - that's right, five years! - of waiting, my hunger will soon be sated. I'm so utterly excited for this book, I don't care how geeky it makes me look. Really, I'm like a twelve year old with this. Oh, man, it's only days away. Tyrion will be back, Jon Snow will be back....aw, yeah. Ok, I better end this before I go in my pants.

No comments: