Monday, May 16, 2011

Players only play when they are playing

Last night's Game of Thrones was a good one. It was neat watching events transpire that I had just read about hours earlier. I've put aside my Wheel of Time re-read in favor of Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire re-read because the long awaited fifth installment will be hitting the shelves in July. I'm a little more than halfway through A Game of Thrones. The next two books are massive and the fourth is nothing to scoff at. Not sure I'll have finished by July, but these books are pure sugar and consumed quickly and lustily. That's right, I said lustily. Got a problem with that?

Watched Black Swan yesterday. In my last post, I referenced it as The Black Swan. My bad. Please forgive me. Anyway, I enjoyed the film, but wasn't as blown away by it as many others were. When it was in theaters, it was not uncommon to see comments on Facebook declaring its awesomeness. I don't think I read one comment that stated it was anything less than sublime. I knew going in that it would probably wouldn't live up to the hype, but, as I said, I enjoyed it, quite a bit, actually, but I can name several movies I've seen recently I thought were better. Glad I saw it, though. Natalie Portman, now she was sublime.

A dreary day, and we've got many more ahead of us. The winter sucked and now spring is being a little bastard. I shudder to think what summer has in store for us.

My sister's birthday is today. I was going to call her earlier, but my phone's battery was low. I'll call her now.

Cheers.

No comments: