Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are

I've been trying to be vigilant against destructive thought patterns, but sometimes a stray thought or two breaches my defenses. That is fine, I'm not about to force the issue. No, instead I'm trying to be like the lillies in the field; I will not be weighed down, I declare!

My day was a fine one. I felt present and comfortable in my skin throughout. The weather was glorious, my interactions with people accomplished with ease. Ah, to be pure of heart.
Still, when I arrived home from work, I found myself beginning to stew over a thing or two without realizing it. Demons, be gone! I practiced yoga, got my center back.

I discovered something recently. Turns out, I'm not that much of a sports viewer anymore. I've never been a complete sports nut, but I used to watch a lot of hockey and, more recently, basketball. I'd watch football and baseball here and there, too. Lately, though, I don't really have the desire to sit through any sports event.

Because we don't have the Versus network in my house, I'm missing all of the Bruins playoff games. They are one win away from going to the finals, and I'm really not that peeved that I'm missing out. I wasn't even that into watching the Celtics playoff run. I was going through the motions more often than not.

Is it because I don't have anyone to watch sports with? Would it make a difference if I was hanging out regularly with sports junkies? Maybe, but, as it happens, I do have friends I could watch games with. I just don't pursue it. Guess I'm changing. I hope I never lose my fierce interest in Beanie Babies.

And, dear readers, you better hope I don't lose my interest in this blog because what would you do without it? Really, what would you do? Live happy, productive lives? Sure, but there will be a part of you, maybe the size of a flea, that will think upon all the great times you had reading my witty, fun-packed, cerebral, and often courageous, blog, and feel lousy about its absence.

Now it's time to feel sad about something else, as yet to be determined.

No comments: