Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hit me with your best shot

Managed to squeeze in a run before the rain claimed dominance over this day. It was bright and sunny right up until I arrived at my door, sweaty and in need of a cool shower. Nice having things work to your advantage. The rest of the day was spent running errands (Mother's Day gifts, food, books) and working on music. Tonight, the Celtics, down two games to Miami, will see if they can't bring the ruckus. Shaq will be back in the line up. Don't expect him to play out of his mind, but maybe his presence will inspire the team.

Went to a show at the Cantab last night with Janelle and Fred. Foley's band played first, then Leesa's. After that, another band, but I didn't see them play, so we'll pretend it never happened. It was great seeing friends I haven't seen in a while. Andy and Inmay, Pepe, Mary (who was visibly pregnant), were there, among others, and it was a festive scene. The Bruins swept Philly on a small TV that sat on the side of the bar. As evidenced by the raucous cheers whenever the B's scored a goal, it was safe to conclude that there many fans in attendance. Because I don't get the lousy Versus station, I've been missing games, so it was nice seeing it with others while some fine music was being played. A fine night.

Feel like I'm entering another phase in my life. The question is whether it'll positive or negative. I get the sense it's the former, but what do I know. We'll see.

I've got the Black Swan to watch. Maybe tonight. I've only ever heard glowing reviews; I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I'm off, peeps.

No comments: