Friday, May 13, 2011

I can be cruel, but let me be gentle with you

I feel good right now. Just finished a dinner of dumplings, hamburger and mixed greens. Before that a session of yoga, which was one of the most fulfilling I've ever had. So, yes, I feel good. Now.

Now.

More than ever, it's been essential to focus on the present, the only moment there ever is. I've been pretty successful. At times, I've been assaulted with the buzzing of negative thoughts and despair, but they haven't been able to cling, take root, and overcome me. Not yet. Now, keep focused on the now. My mantra.

This week has been trying, to be sure. I'm faced with some serious changes that may completely hamstring me, but I'm not going to view it like that. I have the sense that this is a key point in my life and, in many ways, I'm ready to embrace the changes coming up. There will be bumps, but, I don't know, maybe I'm delusional, but I think some good things are ahead. Sure, ideally I wouldn't be having to deal with so much at once, but that's what's in front of me, the cards I've been dealt. Maybe I should be freaking out, but I'm not. Maybe that accounts for something.

I fight the parts of me that want to lash out, that wants to get pissed, be the victim. It's been a battle, especially this past week, but, as I said, I've been handling it well, coming out the other end stronger, perhaps wiser.

Changes. I knew they were coming. Right into my loving arms.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Kevin,

It's a bummer about your work but hopefully (and I believe that you will) find something good very soon! It is nice to see that you are trying to have a good attitude about these changes I wish that I could be equally as positive. I'm glad that you've kept your blog going and I am looking forward to updates on everything that is going on in your life! ;)

Kevin said...

Thanks for the support, Kate. No matter how things turn out, I think I 'll come out the other end better for it. I still have my doubts, but I don't give them much air time. If I'm focusing on the problem, I'm not focusing on the solution.