Monday, April 19, 2010

Fame throwa, pass out the gold, the diamond watch, the last reward, all the things we hid before, you sold us out , and took it all

Having a tough time articulating my thoughts, which could be a direct result from eating Sun Chips and Vienna Fingers earlier. Not exactly brain food. It's been ages since I've had either snack and, for some reason, I decided today was the day to indulge. Isn't gluttony a staple of Patriot's Day? You wouldn't thinks so because of the Boston Marathon, but I'm almost positive I heard the gals on The View say that it was. Maybe I dreamt that. Regardless, I had me some snacks, I feel full, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I watched Capitalism: A Love Story earlier. Not that the information it presented was anything new, but it was fucking depressing all the same. Nothing like being reminded that our Government and financial institutions, which are one in the same, have fleeced, swindled, bamboozled, and sodomized us with impunity and will most likely continue to do so until we meet the fate of ancient Rome. One of the really disturbing parts of the documentary concerned the dastardly practice of employers taking out life insurance policies on their their employees without them ever knowing. They call it "dead peasant insurance". One woman discovered that because of her husband's death from cancer his employer was the beneficiary of several million dollars. Lesson: there's always money to made.

Found out The Kremlin is moving to North Carolina. Seems everyone I know who's left New England has headed south. Matt moved to Nashville, Anne to Savannah, Steve to Atlanta, Bob TV to Nashville -- and those are just the ones I'm lucid enough to recall. What does it all mean? Oh, I don't know, but what I do know is I'm going to go sit on the porch while it's still light out and read from Drood. Then I'll watch a little Bruins playoff action.

So there.

4 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Kevin,
Watch Food Inc. it is guaranteed to make you regurgitate your sun chips and Vienna fingers in a furious rage. I am assuming Capitalism is very similar... I cant wait to watch it, I need a reminder to steer clear of consumerism. As far as trouble articulating your thoughts, I am feeling you there. You maybe on to something with your thoughts on the brain food, I think I am going back to the brain food recomended before big tests... fish and pasta. I will let you know of my findings. ;)

Kate said...

Well, first off I must say that Vienna fingers were definitely a favorite of mine from my childhood but if I am not mistaken they probably contain that evil High Fructose Corn syrup and therefore I have given them up! (And sadly I've had to give up my other favorite graham crackers for the same reason. ;o(] Secondly, I must also say that you gave me a minor heart attack when I read that "The Kremlin" was moving down south. That is because I didn't know what that was and made an assumption of who it might be and was very relieved to find out that I was wrong.

Kate said...

But, I will say that Sun Chips are probably okay in moderation (or at the very least they are better than some other types of chips like Doritos) Also, it is good to know that the bag is bio-degradable.

Kevin said...

Leigh,

Haven't seen Food, Inc., but I've been meaning to. I'll put it on my Netflix que. Thanks for the recommendation.
Brain food is where it's at. I had a salad with about fifteen healthy ingredients in it for dinner, and I feel 48% better than I did yesterday. I look forward to reading your findings. By the way, I've been enjoying your blog. Your writing is warm and natural.

Kate,

That bio-degradable Sun Chips bag is incredibly loud and crinkly. If its contents weren't so delicious, I probably wouldn't buy them again.

The Kremlin is my friend Mark. He gave himself the nickname.