Thursday, April 23, 2009

I've been spat on and shat on and raped and abused

Mara came over last night. We didn't have plans, but she was in Davis Sq. and feeling lousy about life. She called and asked if she could stop by. I could tell by her voice that she needed company, so I told her she could.

I won't go into what was bothering her, short of saying it didn't have much or anything to do with the fact that I'm not her boyfriend anymore. Sometimes I'm effective at pep talks, other times I'm merely adequate. Last night, I was somewhere in between. Still, Mara's demeanor improved throughout her visit and she just texted me "Thanks" as I was writing this paragraph, so I did ok -- a solid B -. Anyway, how the hell did she know I was writing about her. I wonder if she's been probing my brain? Probably. I'll have to proceed with caution.

Bruins swept the Habs. Mwuahaaahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa....

And the Celtics are positively destroying the Bulls right now. Mwuahahahahahhhaaaaaaaaaa...

After work, I hurriedly changed my clothes and went for another long run. I was hoping to have enough time to eat and shower before heading to Foley's for rehearsal, but it wasn't to be. I managed to eat: a nice, fat salad with all the fixins (except E.L. Fudge cookies -- we were out).

When I got to Foley's, we worked on one of my songs. I was playing it poorly at first -- probably because he was watching my fingers intently and it threw me off a bit -- but it wasn't long before I was playing it well.

Christine came over about a half hour into practice and put some cello over the song. It feels so gratifying playing with other people again. Both Foley and Christine put some fine parts over the song. I'm looking forward to hearing the finished the product.

I'm almost finished Winterbirth. Surprising to see such a deftly-crafted, mature, well written book from a new author. Must have something to do with Ruckley being Scottish.

Going to watch the C's finish off the Bulls. 104 to 77 in the fourth. How's my ass taste, Chicago?

No comments: