Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Each Halloween your faces get more frightening

Finally got my exercise groove back on and I'm looking to take it to another level. To that end, I ran four and a half miles today. I've gone further than that before, but with periods of walking. Tonight, I ran, or more, jogged, the whole way. I am proud of myself.

Janelle and I took Baby Boy Z to the Fells this past Sunday for a run. It was a gorgeous day and we covered a lot of distance. Baby Boy had a huge smile on his face the entire time, even when he was being harried by a group of dogs. He's a lucky boy: Janelle is a fine mother and takes him on all sorts of field trips. If only my mother was so hands on, I wouldn't be such a miserable prick. I'm kidding -- that's only half true.

The C's barely beat the Bulls last night in game two. It was close all the way, a great game to watch, except for the fact that the Celtics are the superior team and shouldn't have let a bunch of upstarts nearly beat them at home like they did in game one. Ah, but there's no KG and now Powe is done for the year. We're weak up front and other teams will exploit that weakness, provided, that is, we make it through this series, which is a dubious scenario. I still won't count them out, though. They do have heart.

Oh, well, we'll always have last year.

The Bruins, though, look great. I don't know if it's the Habs shitty play that makes them look so, but, whatever the cause, they're about to take the series. I love it.

Spira and Brad came by Sunday night for dinner (lamb chops and beet salad --- yummers!) and a movie. We watched Happy Go Lucky, a film I'd attempted to see in the theaters numerous times, but got sidetracked from my purpose every time. When I saw it on Netflix, I shot it right up to the number one spot on my cue. That's right, it jumped ahead of and Too Fast, Too Furious and Gossip Girl: Season One.

I really enjoyed the film. Simply put, it's a story of a good woman, as Roger Ebert put it in the opening paragraph of his review. Equally funny, heartwarming, and sad, I can't recommend it enough. A lesser movie would have been formulaic, obvious in it's intent, but Mike Leigh wasn't interested in the Box Office: he, and his wonderful cast, were all about being true to the characters and it showed.

Ok, there's more -- there's always more -- but I've got stuff to do. Have a blessed evening, bitches.

No comments: