Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I used to be cruel to my woman, I'd beat her, and kept her apart from the things that she loved

It's official: I'm sick. Yes, the hint of a scratchy throat that regaled with it's presence yesterday blossomed into a full blown cold. My health deteriorated throughout the day today. I began my work day feeling pretty good and by noon, I was coughing and felt fatigued. At one point during the day, after a bout of coughing, Jeff, from his office, said "Stop faking". He was joking, of course. And so would I have been if I responded by saying "I'm not your wife". I didn't say that, of course, because if I did, Jeff might have been sore at me. So, there you have it: I'm sick, but I plan on getting better real soon. Let's see how that goes.

The bizarre dreams I had last night were a good indication that I was on the verge of something unpleasant. There was one in which I was in front of the mirror in the bathroom and decided to trim my beard. Somehow, I missed the mark and shaved off a sizable patch of hair above my ear. Distressed, I tried combing over it, but no matter what I did, the patch was visible.

And to make matters worse, I saw that I had an inch long black thing dangling from my forehead, right between my eyes. Whatever it was, it was rooted in my head. I pulled at it, and it came out slowly. As I did this, I discovered that it was a very large ant, and it was still alive, judging by the movement of it's legs. It had burrowed into my head, right up to its torso. I managed to pull the body out, but it's head remained entrenched in mine. Frantically, I grabbed some tweezers and got it out.

Don't know what to make of the dream, but the location of the ant, where the mystical third eye resides, is interesting to me. Perhaps, by removing the ant, I will "see" clearer from now on. I'll keep you posted.

I'm going to hop in bed and maybe nap. Or not. We'll see how it goes. I just want to get better.

No comments: