Monday, March 23, 2009

I might have fucked your Mrs., but I never fucked your daughter

Okay, I've got some catching up to do. Not much in the mood to write, though. Lucky for you, I just gave an interview today that covers much of what's been going on in my fascinating life of late. I'll attach it below for your viewing pleasure.


Q. So, are you still sick?

A. Of course I am. It's only been a couple of weeks -- I'm fixing to keep this thing around. Get back to me in May and we'll see how I'm faring.

Q. What did you do Friday night?

A. Not much. Watched Synecdoche, New York with Janelle.

Q. What did you think?

A. Very ambitious, very dense. I enjoyed it, but not in the immediate way I enjoyed Kaufman's
other offerings. It's a movie to own, I think. I plan on watching it again soon.

Q. What did you do on Saturday?

A. I spent the entire day re-arranging my bedroom. I got rid of a lot of junk and swapped my old bureau for one Bob TV left behind. I cleaned it out thoroughly; Bob TV was, to put it mildly, a rather unhygienic sort.
I was productive, to be sure, but, in hindsight, I would have benefited from a day of rest. I
was fairly wiped out by five o'clock. Despite this, I hung out with Mara for a bit that night. Wemade a hearty dinner of pasta with meat sauce and garlic bread.

Q. Everyone always asks you this, but I'm going to ask you anyway: Are you seeing her again?

A. No, but I'm a big fan of hers all the same.

Q. What did you do on Sunday?

A. Taking a cue from the Bible, I made Sunday my day of rest. I took a nap, played music, even
though my voice sounded phlegmey and guttural, and read. Janelle had the idea to have Spira and
her beau, Brad, over for dinner that night, and she and Rich put out a nice spread. We had
chicken parm, wine, salad, and garlic bread. My second night of Italian food, but you won't
hear me complain.

Q. It's been widely reported that you purchased the new Bonnie Prince Billy album, Beware. Your thoughts?

A. I've only listened to it a few times, but so far, so good. Thicker instrumentation with strong
performances. Over the last few records, Oldham's voice has gotten stronger. He's in good
form here. Yet, at least so far, there's nothing that really grabs me (Edit. I'm listening to the album a couple of hours after writing this and I'm really, really, digging it. It's a beautiful record.) .

Q. You also picked up The Soft Boy's Underwater Moonlight.

A. I did. A lot more depth than is apparent on the first listen.They were an interesting band, with elements of Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd, Can, The
Byrds, Sex Pistols, and The Beatles. They made it work. Good stuff. I also scored
Shane McGowan's The Snake. Rich let me burn his copy. Been listening to it quite a bit. And
a ton of The Pogues.

Q. People everywhere are abuzz with your new movie idea. Care to share it with us?

A. I was going to hold off until it was optioned, but I may as well spill the beans. The idea is this:
Animals vs Humans. That's it. So simple, I'm surprised no one's made this movie yet. Picture
Mother Nature finally being fed up with our irresponsible, destructive behavior. She compels her minions, all creatures, great and small, to commit swift and brutal genocide upon each and every one of us . We'd be overwhelmed, disoriented, scared. We'd put up a fight, kill a lot of creatures, but we'd be annihilated. It would be an epic film, greater in scope than Independence Day and War of the Worlds. I wish I had the time to get deeper into this with you. To cover the subject fairly, several hours would be necessary.

Q. We'd be annihilated. You gave away the ending. Was that wise?

A. We knew how Titanic was going to end, didn't we? Look, all it takes is a few minutes of consideration to come to the conclusion that humankind would be made dust by the animal kingdom if we ever warred. But, who knows, maybe in the film version, we'll come out on top. But, even if we do and once again share this planet with animals in relative peace, will we keep them as pets anymore? I don't think so; we would no longer be able to trust even the cutest and cuddliest among them. What a shame. Sorry, Baby Boy Z.

Q. Still, a happy ending, given what was at stake.

A. Ok, I need to get cracking on the script. I'm out this piece.

No comments: