Thursday, March 26, 2009

I am a man cut from the know

Just got back from Foley's place. We've been rehearsing at least once a week and so far, so good. Currently, we're focusing on one of his songs, which is about his new love. I haven't played with anyone for a while; been refreshing.

As for my own songs, I've a few that I'm pleased with. With a little fleshing out and some lyrics, they will be complete. Soon, I hope; I've come to realize that, even though I'm never bereft of ideas, I'm slow to finish songs. I write like an Ent.

I'm on the verge of kissing this cold goodbye. There will be no celebration, no pumping of the fist, until I'm absolutely certain this bug has left my body for good.

I just took a fairly lengthy break from this post -- not intentionally, just got distracted by a song I was compelled to work on -- and here I am again. Where does the time go?

Watched the C's lose to Orlando last night. My heart wasn't in the game, so the loss didn't sting so much. I, of little faith, don't see Boston winning it all or even making it to the finals this year. Cleveland is just too monstrous. However, I would love to be wrong. I'll eat crow until my feathers turn black if it means watching another championship unfold.

I'm in the reading mood, so off I go. There's a gentle, steady rain outside my window. Perfect reading weather.

No comments: