Monday, January 12, 2009

Well, it's all right, love is what you want, flying saucer take me away, give me your daughter

My neighbor, Steve, must read this blog. Around six thirty this morning I was extracted from a pleasant dream I was having by the sound of Steve's shovel colliding with his driveway. I jumped out of bed and looked out the window. How could this be? Didn't he already go to town and then some on his driveway yesterday? Yes, he did, which was why it looked like he was trying to shovel through the pavement. Fortunately, he gave up after a couple of minutes and I was able to fall back asleep. If he wasn't a nice guy -- and, really, he is for the most part -- I do believe I would have, despite my pure heart, yelled some not so nice things at him and perhaps given him the finger.

I opted not to turn on the radio at my desk this morning. I've had my fill of the River for a while. Yes, it is one of the more well-rounded stations in the area-- not often you'll hear XTC, Lou Reed, Bonnie Raitt, and The Smiths back to back anywhere else --but sometimes you're not in the moon for Counting Crows or Snow Patrol, ya dig? And besides, I had Everly Brothers songs running through my head all day, which was better than any radio station.

Steve Nash and his Jazz are making it a series. I took the first two at home and they took the next two to even the series. Both losses came down to the last few seconds. I won the next game and tonight I will try to close out the series in enemy territory. If I don't, it's game seven at home. Last game Chauncy Billups came alive for me and so did Andre Igoduala and James Posey. Who will be the heroes tonight? Do you still not care about this subject? Didn't think so, but I suspect somewhere deep within your frosty heart resides a deep, abiding, interest in it and will show itself in due time.

Watched A Woman Under The Influence with Janelle last night. What a film! Gena Rowlands blew our minds and Peter Faulk was no slouch, either. The scene where he got his kids drunk was disturbing.This is my first Cassavetes film, which I find surprising; thought I would have gotten to him much sooner.

Tonight, I may try to watch Tropic Thunder, though Comanche Moon has been so all around awesome that I may just read most of the night. Ok, it's time for game six. Wish me luck, bitches.

No comments: