Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And had you gone you knew in time we'd meet again for I had told you

On the phone with the Post Office for the second time in two weeks. The issue of our mail carrier refusing to take our out-going mail was never resolved, despite being assured during my initial conversation with the P.O. that it would be. Despite this, I was fairly certain that I would be placing another call down the road.

Again I was assured that this unfortunate matter would be attended to and I shouldn't have to worry about my mail hereafter. I was told our carrier would be spoken to --- by a manager this time --- and, if they had to, they would have him followed on his route in order to keep him honest. Despite this, I am fairly certain that I'll be placing another call down the road.

I learned that a neighbor of ours has also called to complain about this guy. The person I was speaking with this morning --- let's call him Billy --- told me our carrier --- let's call him Midnight Arrowhead ---said this woman had been mean to him in the past. I deduced, employing my stunning talent of deduction, that perhaps this was the reason Midnight Arrowhead no longer picked up her mail. And, who else might have been mean to him, I wonder? Who might have brought Midnight Arrowhead to take these low measures? Could it have been Rich with his hostile notes? Why, golly --- it just may have. I seem to recall voicing my concerns to Craig about this very scenario occurring when this whole mess began. What's that you say? Maybe Rich should have been the one calling the P.O., since his nasty, barely concealed temper brought this whole mess on? Why, golly --- I think that perhaps you may be right.

I'm burnt out with this whole thing. I really am. I think I need a vacation away from this house.

Three to five days should do it.
--
I went into the room where Ann works this afternoon and caught her rummaging through the cabinet beside Therese's desk. She looked surprised and said "Don't tell Therese. I'm taking some of her candy--- I'm starving."

Therese brings so much candy to work that Ann could have taken three pounds of it and she wouldn't have noticed. I found it amusing that Ann, who is such a generous person, felt guilty over taken a few gumdrops. I didn't tell her that I saw Therese going through Ann's desk a couple of weeks ago looking for the candied walnuts Ellen made. Instead, I replied, "Well, there's one sure way you can keep me quiet about this." I nodded to the bag of candy. She promptly handed me the bag. "This way", I added, "I'm just as guilty as you".

A minute or so later, as I was going through some files near Ann's desk, I said to her, "Seeing you take candy from Therese makes me feel much better about taking money out of her purse all those times."

She laughed. There are times, maybe few, when I'll rebound from bouts of awkwardness with a good line, delivered well. High five!

No comments: