Monday, January 19, 2009

There were chills up my spine, and some thrills I can't define

Been a few days, so a quick recap to get all y'all motherfuckers up to speed.

Went over to Mara's place on Friday night. She was sick and didn't hesitate to inform me that she was all better, that it had been a week already and she was just experiencing residual effects from her cold. I didn't argue with her -- it wasn't for me to interfere with her mind over matter approach -- but she sure seemed sick to me. Every time I asked if she was going to get me sick she would reply "How can I get you sick if I'm not sick?"

We watched Mad Men, a show I had heard about but not seen, and was hooked after the first episode. We watched another and, if Mara wasn't so ill and me tired, I would have lobbied to go one more round. Maybe, if she still has the dvd, I'll watch some more with her before we watch Lost on Wednesday.

Had a little dinner party Saturday night. Spira brought over Brad, a guy she just started seeing, some salad fixin's, and Trivial Pursuit. Janelle made Lentil burgers and her delicious Sangria. It was a fun night, my poor showing at TP notwithstanding.

Last night, Janelle and I watched the dvd of Herzog shorts, which were cool, and tonight we watched his Wild Blue Yonder, which was really cool. Herzog speaks to us on deeper levels than we're accustomed to. That is why we need him in our lives. Go rent some Herzog if you want something to stick some smelling salts up your dreary life's nose and remind you of your glory.

Yeah, the snow. I'm coping in the confines of winter's barren, frigid, wasteland pretty well by doing a lot of running and a lot of yoga. The running is especially beneficial: I'm not cooped up in the house all the time and consequently don't feel so claustrophobic. It ain't so bad, winter, but it is the only season I'd agree to abolish without a seconds thought.

Ok, I'm about to be as busy as a ball in a room full of puppies, so I'm out this piece, bitches.

No comments: