Saturday, January 10, 2009

It bites and it bleeds, and this desert turns to ocean over me

Haven't been inspired to write much lately. That's ok, these things happen. Well, I'm back at it now, which I guess means all is well in the universe. It will be a short post, however, but fret not: I plan on posting again tomorrow.

Janelle and I just shared a pizza from Pini's and watched a couple of episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Speaking of which, I hope there will be another season. I miss the Blacks.

Baby Boy Z has truly brought the ruckus to this house. We've shared playful moments, tender moments, humorous moments. The only issue I have with him is when he licks my hands and face after he's been getting sloppy with his balls and anus. It's a messy affair. Other than that, though, he's been a joy.

It was game one of the second round of the playoffs. My Grizzlies had just swept Baron Davis and his Nuggets and were now facing Steve Nash and his Jazz. I had come into the series with a cocky disposition after making quick work of the Nuggets. Right off the bat, I was beset with fouls, and the beneficiary was most always Steve Nash, who sunk all his shots. Before the end of the 1st, almost my entire team was in foul trouble. By the half, the Jazz were up by ten and I was barely keeping up with their ability to score at will. Between that and all the fouls, I was beleaguered and had practically given up hope heading into the 3rd. Help had arrived, though, in the form of Leandro Barbosa, who was filling in for a poor-playing Chauncey Billups. He lit it up! He took over the game and led the team to victory. He ended up with 28 points and like Baby Boy Z, he brought the ruckus. I did not see that coming. A game like that is why I own a Playstation. Ah, you don't care. Well, whatever, I was only writing this for Luke Warm's benefit, anyhow. He'll understand what I was talking about.

I watched Unforgiven this afternoon after getting a run and some cleaning out of the way. Tonight, I may watch A Woman Under The Influence or Tropic Thunder. Or, I may just cozy up with Comanche Moon on the couch as the snow outside once again ruins everybody's good time. Every one but me, that is. I plan on having a good time no matter what.

No comments: