Thursday, January 22, 2009

An old whore's diet, gets me going in the morning

Just had an invigorating, zen-like, session of yoga, after which I made a tasty salad. In it were black beans, avocado, swiss cheese, cured black olives, grape tomatoes, onion, orange pepper, hamburger, spinach, and a little olive oil. Next time I won't be so stingy with the ingredients.

Watched Lost over Mara's last night. Some observations:

-- Sawyer is so going to hook up with Juliette this season.

-- As the time travel theme developed, I believed more than ever that most or all of the characters that have been killed off will be back. I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea -- it would be cool seeing Mr. Echo and Charlie again, among others -- but if death is too easily cheated, then the sense of risk and danger has less weight. For example, if Jack gets skinned alive and then decapitated, the viewer won't be so bummed out because they'll think, "Oh, he'll be back. They just need to turn that wheel and -- presto, change-o! -- Jack's back, head intact and fully fleshed." I'm confident, though, that whatever happens, it will be presented well.

-- Who is after Claire's son? Sun told Kate that "they're after him". She ruled out that bald British guy, whose name I've forgotten, and Ben wouldn't have sent lawyers over to Kate's house. So is it the island itself that wants the boy? He was, after all, born on it. Hmm, I wonder.

-- I can't wait to see how Locke dies in order to get his friends back to the island.

-- The Hurly/Sahid (forgive my spelling if it's incorrect) storyline was great comic relief. Mara thought Hurly's madre was lying when she said she believed his story about his time on the island. I disagreed -- a mother knows when her son is lying. A few years back, when I told my mother it was me and not Luke Warm who sold her china on E-bay in order to buy some new outfits, she knew I was lying.

-- Speaking of Sahid, I wondered, as I watched him dispose of his enemies as if he was Batman, whether he acquired these elite skills in the Iraqi National Guard or through some Bruce Wayne-like hardcore training in the Far East that he didn't tell anyone about. I mean, he went from being an above average soldier at best to Batman. Whatever, my blood lust rose every time he appeared on the screen. Each blow he struck, each bullet he fired, delivered me to orgasmic heights. I wanted him to kill every single person in his path, be they young, old, male, female, healthy, or infirm. What can I say--I fucking love violence!

--Desmond's girlfriend has a strange face. It looks stretched out, as if it met the business end of a rolling pin. Not that there's anything wrong with a flat face. I'm just saying.

Ok, enough until next week, when I'll be discussing the lack of screen time for Walt's dog. What gives?

No comments: