Monday, October 20, 2008

You said go slow, I fall behind, the second hand unwinds

Luke Warm spent most of the weekend at our house --- he was recording with Craig --- and, consequently, I got to hang out with him more than usual. When they weren't recording, Luke and I played basketball on my Playstation (something I hadn't done in months) and gossiped about The Hills (he looovvvveeeesss that show).

As for what Luke recorded, I haven't heard much yet, save for some pastoral guitar parts, duck-like calls (!), and some Dwight Shrute-esque recorder melodies bleeding through the wall that separates Craig's and my bedroom. Whatever the finished product turns out to be, it most certainly won't be worthy of being labeled typical.

Rich stayed home from work today. I had a feeling he was going to, based on the negative comments he was making about his job last night while we were watching the Red Sox. He takes off a lot of Mondays. I'm surprised he hasn't been spoken to about that. Who knows, maybe he has.

Speaking of Rich, I've come to realize that he's all about bleach. Yes, you read that correctly, he loves him some bleach. He's always spraying it in the bathroom, but the funny thing is, the bathroom never looks any cleaner. I have no idea where or why he's spraying it. Craig guessed that maybe he's spraying down the shower curtain. Good guess, but I'm not so sure; today I entered the bathroom after him and the odor of bleach was strong. He hadn't exited the bathroom more than two minutes before I went in there. I inspected the shower curtain. It was bone dry.

I sniffed around the bathroom, careful not to poke my nose to close to the toilet in the process, and I came up empty. The bathroom was as unkempt as it was before he went in there. The only explanation I could come up with, and it's one I've thought of before, is that either before or after he uses the toilet, he bleaches it. It's also possible he does it both before and after, but the general idea is that he does it. For all I know, he's bleaching everything he's going to touch --- the doorknob, the toilet, the flush mechanism, the sink, etc. Maybe he's germphobic.

Anyway, he likes the bleach and perhaps feels more secure with it around. I know that he keeps it in his room, because earlier, when I smelled the bleach in the bathroom, he had left the bottle behind. When I used the bathroom later on, it was gone. Curious, I checked around the house for it; it was nowhere to be seen. I did, however, discover another bottle of bleach by the back door, one I hadn't seen before.

The way it seems right now is that he's got at least two bottles going and he's keeping them in his room (the second bottle was gone when I walked by it's location earlier this evening. I checked under the sink and in the bathroom but came up empty). Why this is the case is beyond me, but it's a head scratcher, it is.

So I don't know what's up with the bleach situation. I probably won't ever get around to asking him about it --- I get the sense it would make him and, to a degree, me uncomfortable --- but of course I'd like to know what the scoop is. The thing I find the most perplexing about this matter is that Rich is anything but a neat freak. He's not a disgusting slob, but he's not that far removed from being one. So why all the bleach? I don't know and I'm done trying to figure it out right now because it's ABSURD. The whole fucking thing is absurd and it's time to put that baby in the crib and move on to something else.

I watched Mongol today and it was a little disappointing. I was expecting a huge epic recounting the life of Genghis Khan, but what I got was a pretty boring movie. Sure, there was tons of bloodshed and adventure---who wouldn't like that ? --- but it got old fast. Basically, the entire movie involved him escaping from a place, getting caught, escaping again, getting caught again, ad nauseum. I actually fell asleep during the battle that took up a good chunk of the third act. That should not have happened. Anyway, I give the film a C minus, overall. As a sleep aid, I give it a B+.

Okay, I've got some laundry and other sexy stuff to attend to, so ciao, bitches.

No comments: