Saturday, October 4, 2008

She don't know why, don't know why, dog and butterfly

Had a dream last night in which I was having a sexually good time with my coworker Laurie. You may recall that Laurie, out of everyone I work with, was the only one who seemed not to like me very much. And you may also recall that I reported last week that it looked like she wasn't going to be returning to work, thus relieving me of any future encounters with her that border on uncomfortable. Well, turns out she's still at work, though she'll be leaving shortly to have her baby.

So, back to the dream. Why was I having sex with someone I'm not terribly attracted to and who I think doesn't like me very much? Pyschoanalytically speaking, I'm sure there are more than a few reasons, but I'm pretty sure, in this instance, it has more to do with the fact that she's been quite civil, even conversational, with me of late. I don't know what sparked this development, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Ann, Therese, Laurie, and I stayed a couple of hours late yesterday in order to finish up a big project, the details of which I'll not bore you with, and after working in such close quarters with them all day, I was bound to have a sex dream with at least one of them in it. Know what I'm saying? I didn't think so. Anyhow, the gist is as follows: Laurie seems to like me now; she is still at the job; I worked late yesterday; had sex with Laurie in a dream later that night.
--
My Everly Brothers cd's arrived in the mail this week. Two Yanks In England came earlier in the week and Roots, came today. Both are very good and don't sound much alike. TYIE is comprised mostly of Hollies songs and has a British Invasion feel, while Roots is more country. I guess, based on these purchases, you could say I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock n' roll. Ha ha ha!! Man, I'm hilarious.

It seems, more and more, I end up having to order music online because most of albums I look for are not found in stores. It wouldn't be this way if my tastes veered closer to Clay Aiken (he's what????) or Beyonce. Oh, well. I ordered Great Speckled Bird's self titled debut album today because there was no way I was going to find that one in stores. Great Speckled Bird was a band formed by Ian and Sylvia, a famous folk duo out of Canada in the late sixties. The music took on a country rock bent and the band kills on that album. I can't wait for it to arrive.
--

I'm trying to keep positive about the clusterfuck our country is now in, but it's not easy. I keep reading different theories about what's in store for us, all of it bad, and it looks like only a miracle will save us at this point. And the fact that a division of troops has recently been recalled from Iraq to curb civil unrest, if needed, is not an encouraging development. Ah, I think we're seeing the collapse of a civilization, though, obviously, I'd like to think otherwise. Reassurance that things will turn out alright has not been easy to find. And I've been looking pretty hard.
--

Played Spira some mixes of the songs I've been recording with Craig. On her system they didn't sound very good . She commented that the vocals, especially, sounded pretty murky, and asked if we recorded with a condenser mic. I told her we didn't and she said "Well, why didn't you ask me? I have one I've never used." She took me in her room and showed it to me. I was puzzled at why she didn't tell me about this before. I'm pretty sure I told her the mics we were using at the onset of recording, but oh well, whatever. She let me borrow the mic for subsequent recording which, I'm pretty damned happy about.

Earlier that night, we went for a run that felt good for the both of us. It's good having a running partner, though it took me a bit to get used to having a conversation in the act of doing it. Next up is practicing yoga on a regular basis. And this time I'm serious --- I'm getting back into it. And I will meditate again.

No comments: