Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And in the world a heart of darkness, a fire zone, where poets speak their heart, then bleed for it

I went out to my car during break to do some reading and just as I was firmly implanted in Watchmen, a yellow jacket flew in the car and wreaked havoc. I nearly spilled the yogurt I was eating all over myself as I stumbled out of the car. Once outside I checked to see if the bee had flown out. It was nowhere to be seen, which didn't fill me with confidence. All I needed was for the damn thing to come out of hiding later on as I hauled ass on 93 crankin' some Smash Mouth and cause me to crash my car. I got back in my car thinking about that damn bee and it wasn't too long before I saw that it was perched on my the wrist of my shirt. So, again I stumbled out of the car like a drunken spaz. Fortunately, there were a few people nearby to witness the event.

Realizing I needed gas, I drove over to the place where I recently got my car fixed. When I pulled up to the pump, Sam came over and said hi and handed me a piece of paper that had at one time had a sticker affixed to it. He mumbled something about keeping it on my car and walked away. When I arrived back at work, I tried to figure out what had transpired back at the gas station. Put what on my car? There was no sticker on the paper he gave me, only the outline of where it once was. It was then that I realized something and swiveled around to see a big, fat Gulf sticker on my rear windshield. The fuck had put it on without telling me. I got out of the car and peeled the sticker off my windshield, feeling a little violated. I felt like going back to gas station and telling Sam where he could put the sticker, but I didn't have the energy. So, with the remaining minutes I had left on my break, I read a nice selection about owls in Watchmen.

I've come to the conclusion that I have no idea whether Anne would be receptive to the idea of me asking her out. I mean, it's 50/50 all the way, with little or no variation. I know she's single and that lately her social life has been virtually nonexistent. Maybe she's at the point where she'd lower her standards considerably and date me (oh, just joshing. I should have added a LOL there). She's a few inches taller than me, too, which wouldn't bother me very much, but may be an issue for her. And would an inter-office romance be tolerated by the powers that be? Don't know, and maybe will never find out. Not sure if I'll pursue this matter at this point. It's 50/50 all the way.

Feeling a thin film of darkness over every thing in my life. I'm still able to function and find happiness here and there, but the feeling is palpable. Well, these are dark days, aren't they? I wonder how the citizens of Rome felt on the eve of its collapse. I tell you what I'm going to do --- I'm going to be a beacon of light, damn it, and my actions will be a big fuck you to the Man. Well, alright then.

No comments: