Saturday, October 11, 2008

So if you want a do right, all day woman, you've got to be a do right, all night man

Another morning dream. This one was all about Ann. It began at work. We were all ready to go home for the day and Jeff asked for some of us to drop off some food at a wedding that was taking place. The place was in walking distance, so we all left our cars behind. I walked alongside Ann and a few times she leaned against me. I took that to be a good sign.

When we arrived at the wedding, or to be more accurate, the reception, I discovered that Anne's cousin was the one who got married. Everyone we came with dropped off the food and left, but I remained with Ann. We went upstairs where the party was in full effect and came upon a rowdy scene.

It was pretty crowded up there---looked like we were in a loft --- and we took a seat at one of the tables near the back. I was thrilled to be there with Ann. She made a comment about finally being able to see me outside of work and there was another good sign.

At one point, a guy approached Ann. He was obviously drunk and very handsome. It appeared that they had something going at some point and he was trying to rekindle the relationship, at least the sexual part. She pushed him away when he started getting obnoxious. I considered telling him to buzz off, but he left before I could.

Things were getting pretty rowdy and we attempted to make our way downstairs, but had to wait for some college frat boys to cease moshing in front of us before we could leave. On our way downstairs, I spotted Sean Toohey coming up the stairs. He was wearing the most outrageous pink suit.

We greeted each other and he followed Anne and I downstairs. After I introduced them and we caught up a little, he made his way back upstairs. That was when I found myself locked in an embrace with Ann. I felt exultant at knowing for sure that she was into me. No more doubts, no more pulling the hair out of my head.

And then, like with all dreams, I woke up. It took me a bit to understand that, even though what had transpired was vivid and great, it didn't really happen, at least not on this plain of existence. Oh, well, I'm still glad I had it, which is why I'm recounting it here. The problem is, now that I had a vivid, intimate dream about her, I'll probably find myself pining for her even more.

Sometimes I think I'd be better swearing off all women who aren't very obviously into me. It would save me some turmoil, I think. Especially given my track record. But who knows, maybe something could happen between us.

Post Script: I deserved this dream because earlier in the night I had a terrible one in which I, along with a few other people, were running around outside my parent's house late at night, hiding from the devil and his minions.

No comments: