Thursday, September 11, 2008

Well, the wind careens madly through wide windows paneless, fragrances mingle in a room full of shame

Went to my grandmother's house after work today. Ostensibly, the reason for the visit was to give my sister the diaper bag I had retrieved from the police station in Everett, but it had been a while since I'd last seen my grandmother and I looked forward to seeing her.

I installed storm windows in her porch with the help of my sister. My grandmother couldn't help herself and put herself to work, my admonishments to go sit down and relax notwithstanding. She was trying to move these door-sized windows around the porch and my sister and I finally had to put our collective foot down and order her to sit down. She obeyed, but only for a few minutes. Stubborn, that one.
--
Craig announced he'll be moving back in with his parents at the end of the year while he attends school. It'll be sad seeing him go. The three of us lived well together.
--
I've had some vivid and bizarre dreams lately. I won't even bother delving into them because they won't read well. I do, however, think they were important, which is why I even brought them up.
--
Linda Godfrey, author of The Beast of Bray Road and Hunting the American Werewolf, has an online radio show and I've been avidly listening to the archived episodes. The show covers all sorts of high strangeness---Bigfoot, werewolves, ghosts, ufo's, shadow people, etc. Linda and her co-host do a great job with the show and each episode is riveting. I'm hooked, baby!

Speaking of high strangeness, I just caught up with Lost last night. Good stuff. What's the deal with Locke? Don't know-- I'll have to wait until next year to see what happens next. Oh, I can't wait, I tells ya.
--
Have more to say, but if I don't finish this now, I won't be able to get to other stuff that begs my attention. Tomorrow, I'll try to pick up where I left off. Aloha.

No comments: