Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If you needed me, I would come to you, I would swim the seas, for to ease your pain

A productive recording session last night. We focused on vocals --- I felt some of the ones I'd already laid down needed to be done over --- and I was happy with the results. We'll go at it again tomorrow night; I'm looking forward to it.
--
I've got two new songs that, once I've added lyrics to them, will be complete. I'm really pleased with how they have turned out so far. I'm hoping to have them recorded, which will give me a solid six song demo to work with.
--

My Holy Grail of Bigfoot books, John Green's Sasquatch: Apes Among Us, arrived in the mail today and I'm excited to dive into it. I've already read the preface and I can tell I'm going to love this book.
--

Had some crazy dreams last night. One involved a young, reckless woman I was seeing who got me in trouble with a bunch of people, including my friend, Andy. I woke up immediately after having the dream, but I could not recall her visage. It seemed to me she was someone I've known in this life, but, as of this writing, I don't know who she is.

The other dream involved Spira in some capacity I can't recall, and a notable scene involving me resting on a couch in my parent's basement (a central location for many of my dreams) wrapped cozily in a thick blanket. A simple scene, but it stuck with me all day. You can't go home again.
--

Went for a run with Spira after work. I ran to her apartment, which was on my normal route, and, after meeting up with her, we walked and ran for at least a couple of miles. When we finished, we sat on a stone wall and talked for awhile.

When we parted company, I ran the mile or so back to my place. It was a good workout and, though I don't know the total distance I ran, it was a lot more than my usual routine. We plan on doing this again, which is fine with me. It's good to have a running partner.
--

Listening to a lot of Townes Van Zandt lately. I just got the dual-disc High, Low, and In Between/The Late, Great Townes Van Zandt. I've been paying particular attention to his backing band on those records---man, they're tight! It's unfortunate Townes never really got his due; he was a fantastic songwriter.
--

It's getting late and I have things to do. Konichiwa, bitches!

No comments: