Thursday, December 20, 2007

You can radiate everything you are

There was a time not so long ago when I got into an altercation with an eleven year old. He was the brother of one of my coworkers and he was an asshole. He was also punchy. For some reason I didn't take very well to him punching and kicking me. Telling him to stop had zero effect on his actions. After about thirty seconds more of his abuse, whatever sense of decorum I had thus far maintained was quickly replaced with something bestial. I regained composure, but not before I shoved his skinny little frame away from me. Had he come back at me, who knows, there may have been a fight, but I'd like to think I would have been above that. If there had been a fight, no matter what side I came out on, I would have lost.

Let's say I beat the shit out of him---which, given the difference in our sizes, wouldn't have been too unlikely---how would I be perceived? That's right, I'd be perceived as a bully, a guy who preys on those smaller and weaker than him. And I guess, in the final analysis, the perception would be accurate. So, even though I gave him what he had coming, I'd be the bad guy.

Now, if because I didn't want to go to jail for going to town on this kid, I let him have at me, let him inflict whatever damage he was capable of inflicting on my undefended body, I would be perceived as a weak-ass who couldn't go toe-to-toe with a little kid.

No matter what the outcome, if he and I fought, I'd lose. Sometimes there are no good choices. I hope you all learned something from that engrossing tale. Everything you need to know about life is found within it's grip. And in case you're interested, I eventually tracked that little shit down and broke his jaw for him.
--
I do not like this snowing every other day business one bit. It's a repulsive gesture by Mother Nature and I'm sickened by it. I will sever ties with her and cast my lot with the Industrialists. At least they're up front with their bullshit.

Ok, I'm out. A few quick thoughts before I go.

--I think I'm done swooning over someone who is obviously not interested. Not as hard as I thought it would have been. Once I woke up to the fact that I held her in higher regard than she held me, my course was clear. It's a little sad to think about what could have been, but I won't linger on that thought. Better to let it, and everything else concerning my amorous feelings for her, be cast out to sea, where, as they say, there are other fish.

--My shower drain is still clogged. It's been weeks and nothing has changed. Our landlord hasn't exactly been on the ball with this one. Why the fuck does every little thing have to blow up into something knotted and massive?

--Time for some Herzog. Now, I'm officially out.

No comments: