Thursday, December 6, 2007

She knew how to gather the forest ,when God reached softly and moved her body

Earlier today, I had the lift gate to our pick up truck fall on my toe. To make matters more interesting, there were about twelve folding chairs on it when it fell. After doing the Flinstone Flop for a minute or two, I realized no damage was done. In fact, my toe is as fine as it was before the accident. Maybe I'm some kind of super hero who has the ability, like Wolverine, to heal rapidly. To test the theory, I'm going to have one of my coworkers dump a bucket of burning pitch over my head while another empties the barrel of a sawed-off shot gun into my crotch. I just have to wait for them to round up the pitch and the gun. We should know the results by the end of the day.
--
I was walking behind a woman on the sidewalk tonight and she almost slipped and fell on the ice. Immediately after it happened, I had a memory from childhood of being at church flash in my mind. How being in church and watching someone slip on some ice are related, I'll never know. This wasn't the first time something like that happened to me. Very strange. I also get a lot of almost-deja vu's. I say almost because as soon as the deja vu occurs, I forget why it was a deja vu in the first place. Does that make sense? I didn't think so.
--
My thoughts are fractured. I can't focus very well on writing tonight. I was going to get into how dogs know are unflinching in their love and devotion. When they attach their sails to your ship, that's it. And maybe there wasn't any forethought involved; maybe it was just in the cards. And then I was going to relate all of that to myself, but frankly, I'm can't go any further. Some thoughts are best left unspoken.

With that, I'll end this. I'm in a weird state of mind right now and can't say whether it's good or bad. Nothing for it but to go put my clothes in the dryer and keep forging ahead.

No comments: