Monday, June 4, 2007

Yo trabajo sin reposo

Man, what an episode of the Sopranos last night! They're dropping like flies in New Jersey and I'm sure things will get hairier next weekend during the final episode. It's going to be a bittersweet hour of my life watching a show I've been involved with over the years make it's final broadcast. Fortunately, there are other shows like Deadwood and The Wire that are of equal caliber as the Sopranos. Season three of Deadwood is coming out on dvd next week and I'll probably trade in some old cds and dvds in order to get it.

It's odd, but I thought I'd know more people who'd be knee deep in the Sopranos, especially since it's the final season. Thus far, I've only been able to talk about the show with my friend Michelle, who is just as into the show as I am. T'was a time when everyone and his cousin Winnie was watching the show, but now..... Well, actually, I think just as many, probably more, people are watching, just not in the circles I run in.

Today, I made sure I didn't do too much in the way of chores. I had a tough week and I wanted to be sure that on at least one of my days off, I didn't exert myself in any way. Aside from some recording, I held true to that vow. I read a lot and watched the Wire. Not exciting, sexy stuff, but there you have it.

I watched V for Vendetta for the first time today. It was a decent movie, but I'd thought I'd enjoy it more than I did. I thought there was going to be a huge reveal at the end, ala the Sixth Sense---it certainly seemed like it was headed there---but there wasn't. Even still, a good movie, and its politics, despite being obvious, were welcomed. Anything to get people thinking about what's going on. Of course, a lot of people would rather not think about the crimes their government may have committed. It's so much easier to flip to the sports section or turn on American Idol. Life's hard enough without getting all wrapped up in world events. If we remain complacent house cats, though, life's gonna get a whole hell of a lot harder.
--

Luke Warm just informed me that the Weng Weng movie "For Your Height Only" will be arriving at his abode shortly via Netflix. To say that it's arrival will be the most important event of the summer would be an understatement. I hope we can make the viewing of this film into a party. Soon, Weng Weng, soon.


I'm going to meditate and see where the current takes me. I'll send you a post card if I end up somewhere cool.

No comments: