Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sing song swan

Before I get into anything here, I just want to reiterate my feelings about Dane Cook: I strongly dislike the man and wish he would just stop polluting this already dying planet with his atrocious comedy act and whatever else he's doing to get attention. I'll stop short of wishing death upon him, but I would like it very much if he would retire from public life forever and ever.

Ok, I feel better now.

Work has been brutal these last couple of days. Between the heat and the necessity for me to participate in a couple of very large jobs, I was pretty much a goner when I'd get home from work, bedraggled and dull-witted as I was. Ah, but despite it all, my spirits, though wrapped in the thick gauze of exhaustion, remained high. But, damn, I don't want many more days like the last couple to darken my door any time soon.
--
Much to my displeasure, I witnessed Ryan, the rotund-bordering on obese, college kid I have working with me, pick his nose and eat what he dug out. I saw this happen twice. I let it pass the first time for two reasons: First, I didn't want to embarrass him by pointing out his infantile behavior, and second, I wanted to erase the image from my mind as soon as possible. And, frankly, I was a bit shocked that before me was a grown man munching on morsels of snot like a four year old would. I wondered if he'd been doing it all his life or if he was new to the habit.

Anyway, the second time I saw him do it I had to say something because I was talking to him when he did it. I said, " DO NOT do that ever again in my presence!" His response was to grin proudly and shrug, as if to say, "It's probably going to happen again because I'm too deep into this snot game to even consider quitting, but I'll put a mild amount of effort into not doing it when you're looking". I just can not believe this kid! Oh, and he also bites his nails and swallows the pieces. This kid is addicted to eating: when he's not wolfing down ribs or candy bars, he's snacking on himself. I eagerly look forward to the day he goes back to school.

While I was waiting in line to pay for my bottle of water at J&J's, the little Portugese restaurant next to my work, I saw, out of the corner of my eye, a somewhat dangerous looking man enter
the establishment and get in line behind me. I immediately imagined him pulling out a gun and holding up the guy behind the counter. I plotted a course of action. Should I, the minute I saw the gun appear, make a run for it? No, I thought, even if he was a terrible shot, he'd still have no trouble filling me with lead. Ok, what if grabbed the gun from him? No, he'd overpower me easily. This was no small man. I finally decided the best thing for me to do would be to throw the bottle of water at the wall behind the counter. This would distract the robber and while he was trying to figure out what had just happened, I'd be out the door. And to assuage his anger at having been out witted, he would then put a bullet in the head of every one that remained. Yeah, but at least I got away. That should account for something.

Alright, it's time for me to watch an episode or two of Rome. I also need to find out who the Celtics picked in the draft. Ciao.

No comments: