Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I called you back to a place beside me

Having gone a while not interacting with some of my friends and family, life, with its cycles, has peppered my recent days with calls and visits from them. I've come to expect this type of experience over the years, having seen the power of things coming in waves in action, but I'm still occasionally surprised.

Driving home from work yesterday, I saw Luke Warm walking in my direction, so I yelled out to him through the passenger window, " Looking good, sweetheart, looking good!", and continued on my way. A few minutes later, I arrived home and took a call from The Bumpus. We chatted a bit and then someone knocked on my door. It was Luke Warm. He must have, once he saw his master drive past him, felt an overpowering urge to be near him. I have that effect on every single person I encounter. Or, you know what, now that I think about it, he may have thought I was propositioning him on the street, like I do with street hookers every week or so, and thought if he stopped by my house, he could earn a little cash. Maybe that's why he gave me a dirty look when he left my house. He must have been cursing my name for making him wasting a trip. Oh, well, I'll smooth it over with him some day.

Before he left in possible disgust, I made Luke Warm some Biryani with asparagus and vegetable shumai and we talked basketball and music over dinner. Afterward, we played a game of NBA on my PS2 . We used to play against each other, but we discovered it was much more fun playing on the same time. Team work, kids---spread the good word! After we won the game, Luke Warm went on his way and almost immediately upon his exit, I received a call from Spira, another one I hadn't talked to in a while. We had a good talk and I"m booked this Sunday to haul her air conditioner up to her apartment. That will be my first of two installations that day. Later on, I will help my dad put their's in. I may as well go for the trifecta and put mine in when I arrive home.

Having battled apprehension and worry throughout the day, I returned home in good spirits and had a nice conversation with Rich about old Dio records and whether we should get curtains for the house. We both agreed we should in the interest of appearing civilized. Rich is good people. Especially after dealing with hostility in various guises throughout my days, his laid back nature is much welcomed.

Bob TV came home not long after Rich and I had finished our discussion. He was in poor spirits, and from what he told me, has been for over a week now. Without going into his psychological issues, I'll say that I don't feel anything I said to him had a positive effect on his condition. I realized the best thing I could do was to listen to him. And that's what I did. Poor guy's heart is broken. Still pining for an ex who lives several states away and who doesn't see him the way he sees her. I know what he's going through---hell, anyone with a pulse would know. It sucks, sucks, sucks, to love someone who doesn't love you. Fortunately, I'm not in that boat right now. Or am I? Hmmmmmm, how mysterious am I?

Weng Weng will be here by weeks end, Luke Warm informed me. Hear that MacDonald? You better think long and hard about what you're going to do to make this viewing happen for you. And the same goes to the rest of you. Either you're for Weng Weng or you're against Weng Weng. Ok, I'm going to wrap this up because I'm losing my hold on this thing.

So with that, I will make my exit. I will send off emails that need sending and I will read from a book that needs reading. And I will meditate at some point so as to achieve the elusive, but utterly worthwhile, inner peace that is my friggin' birthright. And yours, too. Chew on that until I grace, or curse you, depending on your perspective, with another installment.

No comments: