Thursday, June 14, 2007

And the county judge held a grudge

I expect that, by the time my feet enter work tomorrow, King James will no longer be an employee of Taylor Rental. We had sent him, along with Arkam, home early yesterday because they weren't doing much except acting like they were high, which in my esteemed estimation, they most definitely were. We told them not to come in today, either. This afternoon, while formulating a game plan for tomorrow's work load with Karen, we both arrived at the conclusion that James should not be part of the equation. And after thinking upon it a minute longer, we decided Arkam was not needed, either. Then, we wondered aloud why we need to have them back at all. Karen said that after work she was going to call King James and let him know his presence will no longer be needed at our establishment. I'll believe it when I see it; this guy keeps hanging on despite being fired once already and being a corruptive influence on my staff. I don't dislike James the way Karen does---the word hate is often used when she comments on him---but he is a real drag to work with and he needs to go. The bottom line, as I said, is I'll see it when I believe it when it comes to those louts being fired.

I found a great deal on a bed on Craigslist today and because the guy selling it offered to deliver it to me immediately and more importantly, for free, I bit on his offer. After I was satisfied he wasn't a scam artist, I arranged to meet him at my house at six thirty tonight. Around seven thirty I called him and he said he was just about to head into a meeting and would be out in a half hour, at which time he would head over to my house. He then asked if tomorrow was okay instead, and I complied, but what was up with not showing up or calling? And what's the deal with the meeting? A little fishy, my gut tells me, but I can't see too many ways I could get screwed in this deal. How badly can you fuck up a bed? I can always back out if I don't like what I see or smell, so I'm not too worried. It will be great having a real bed again. I miss feeling like a grown up.

No comments: