Wednesday, June 13, 2007

There's a fog upon L.A.

Recently, I've been meditating three times a day: after breakfast, after lunch, and no, not after dinner, but before bed. Sometimes I wonder if I'm better for doing it, if I'd be worse off without it. Tough to gauge, but I'm confident my life has improved because of meditation. So, I'm doing it three times a day. Better than staring at a tv screen. And who knows, maybe I'll reach enlightenment before I leave this mortal coil. Maybe I'm already there. Have you thought about that? All is bliss, all is bliss, my brothers and sisters. Heed my words and you too shall be free.
--
We postponed watching the Weng Weng movie to this weekend. So far, it looks like more than a few people will be darkening Luke Warm's door to experience the adventures of our pint-sized friend. I'm thinking there's no way this movie will disappoint. No way. Hold tight, Weng Weng, we're coming.
--
Years ago I was laying beside my dog, Mandy, and I remember thinking, "There will come a day when she will die". I shivered at the thought, at the simple truth of it, and then, to alleviate the sudden sense of helplessness, I thought "She will die someday, but not today". For some reason, years later, when she died in my arms, I thought back to that day. That someday had arrived. Her time was up. My friend was gone. That was it, the inevitable had arrived. Lately, I've been thinking that way a lot more. When I see my parents, I know that my time with them is shorter than it's ever been. And there's nothing I can do to stop it. I guess it's the child in me that rebels against change and the inevitability of things. Yes, someday my parents will die, but not today. And who's to say I won't go before them? Well, enough of such thoughts. Better to appreciate the here and now and worry about later, later.

No comments: