Monday, January 14, 2013

You never knew that, that I could do that, just walking the dead

Another social weekend. On Saturday, I drove through the thick fog to Scott and Eszter's place in Deerfield. Eszter made us a delicious cabbage soup for dinner with fresh bread on the side. Great conversations - Scott and I had a wonderful one about religion/mysticism/spirituality that lasted close to an hour - and there was plenty of music played. Scott recorded a bunch of it; can't wait to hear it.

Kat stopped over for a breakfast of omelet and crepes yesterday and afterward Scott and I played her some of the stuff we worked on the night before and she added some vocals. Eszter came by later and sang with us. If it wasn't for the fact that we were going to head over to Tracy and Ray's place in the afternoon to watch the Patriots game, we probably would have kept going into the night. Well, I suppose I'm just speaking for myself; they may have been pining for things to wrap up. I guess we'll never know barring a thorough investigation. It's such a relaxing, creative vibe up there; my soul was nourished. Thoughts of leaving the city and getting back to garden, as Joni once said, swim in my mind.

Had a great time at Tracy and Ray's place. There was a welter of food - scones, chili, cookies, chips, beer - and alongside watching the game, Faith and James introduced me to their new Wii. I'm not going to lie to you: Faith wiped the floor with me in every game we played. No beginners luck to be seen for miles. Oh, well, it was still fun hanging out with them. I love those kids!

I might watch Brother Sun Sister Moon in a bit. Scott and Kat recommended I watch it, and I'll do so eagerly. I'm a fan of Donovan who provided the soundtrack. Let's see if he can't move my tender and pure heart. If I don't like it, I will be quite angry with Scott and Kat. Let's see how things pan out before I start making preparations for their demise.

On that note, peace and love to you all.



No comments: