Tuesday, January 8, 2013

You idiot kid, your arm's got a death in it

I've been on the go since last Friday; not with the consequence of feeling drained and stressed; quite the opposite - I've felt invigorated. Even when dealing with troubling issues, like trying to assuage my mother's grief (my own has been manageable), I've done so with a sense of purpose. It's helped that I've fortified myself by eating well, exercising, meditating, and huffing alarming amounts of paint thinner.

Joy! My book arrived in the mail today. I'm eager to dive in.

 I've been learning to surrender to the moment. I always had trouble enacting the idea of finding grace in the midst of pain or despair. Why surrender to that, especially when almost every part of you seeks to flee from such things? But once you key in on the fact that there is an observer of events, your Self, you're on the path to immersion. And immersion occurs only through action. Hungry? Feel the hunger with your Self, observe it in a detached manner without judgement; feel at one with it. Ive been applying all of that with good results. I feel the pangs of hunger right now, but it's not unpleasant because I'm embracing the feeling; I'm not wasting any energy trying to shield myself or flee from it. The moment, being there fully, is where the meat of life is. It's taken me a long time to make this small leap in consciousness. Ah, now I'm amped up to read some Ram Dass.


There is more to relate, but I'd like to decompress from a long, active day. I'll play some music, meditate, read, and perhaps I'll finish watching Deliverance or Predator. My friends, it's time for me to end this post. Wipe thy tears, children, I shall return.

Peace.

No comments: