Friday, January 18, 2013

In Christ, there is no east or west

Friday. The work week went by quickly; I was active throughout every day of it. Much of it is a blur, so don't expect a detailed accounting. I will tell you that I've been keeping my mind, body, and spirit in optimum health and the instances in which I felt lousy or stressed or sad or angry were dealt with swiftly and weren't lingered upon.

More than once recently I've taken satisfaction and found comfort in the fact that between my coworkers, including the people I see at the registries, my friends, and family, I'm immersed in the company of some good people. I'm fortunate. I know what it's like to be around toxic, selfish people. It sucks, but there are lessons to be gleaned from interacting with them. Still, and again, it sucks being around that type of energy. Indeed, I am fortunate, but could it also be that I manifested my life as I know it? And, further, might it be the case that it's all due to my pure heart? Oh, who knows, but yes.

I can't really disclose much, but a couple of situations of an amorous nature have presented themselves (I'm about 90 % sure), been green-lighted, if you will, but I proceed with caution; they come barbed and I may do well to avoid them all together. Ah, but what doesn't come barbed in this life? I'll have to consult Billy about this.

That last paragraph deals with the ego, something I'm trying to demote, so lets talk about music. I'm still high from playing with Scott last weekend. The ideas percolate. I may just quit my job and go play music with him all the time. I suppose for that to happen, he'd have to stop working too. Oh, I don't know; I never said I was an idea man.

Went to mom's house for dinner last night. It was a nice visit, but the pain of my father's absence was strongly felt. Around my mother, I try to keep a light and steady composure so that I can support her grief if she needs to express it. I say I try - there have been a few occasions when I was less than successful . It's okay, I'm in tune with my feelings and am not about repressing them.

Heading to Rachael and Mike's this weekend. I think Scott and Eszter will be there. It will be another weekend of driving, but it will be worth it. I plan on visiting their sauna at least once.

Okay, time to get on with the night. Just had a yoga session that approached transcendence. It flowed nicely and was often intense. I surrendered to the poses, settled deep within each, and now I feel as loose as some kind of feathered creature.

Namaste, ye of little faith.

No comments: