Sunday, August 12, 2012

I think I'll roll another number for the road, I feel able to get under any load

I awoke from a dream this morning that mottled my mind all day. In it, I found myself arriving with an overnight bag at a house Shane was staying at. We were soon to be headed to a party somewhere in New Hampshire. Shane directed me to a room where I could change my clothes. As I started to, I felt the room shift. I looked out the window and saw that the room was moving forward and lower like a train entering a subterranean tunnel.When it finally stopped, I opened the door and entered a master bedroom with white walls and carpet. There were about three or four couples in various stages of copulation. An older woman walked into the room and asked me how I got  there. She was irritated, but I got the sense these were good people and not wicked satanists engaged in some sex magic ritual that would eventually involve the sacrifice of an infant or a virgin most pure. I told her it wasn't my intention to interrupt, that I was only attempting to change my clothes in a room Shane had directed me to. When she seemed distressed that Shane was part of this, I attempted to reassure her that he had nothing to do with how I got down there. As she considered this, I began to disrobe. It was a natural impulse, even though I was doing so in front of complete strangers. Before I was completely undressed, I was summarily led out of the room by the woman and sent back up to the main portion of the house. I was told not to return. No sexy time for this guy.


More happened but the details are fragmented and unnecessary. So what was it all about? Could be there is knowledge I've stumbled upon but am not ready to receive. Maybe the dream was a lament over not having any intimate relationships. Maybe it was a reassembly of certain recent events. Perhaps it's literal; maybe Shane is part of a sex cabal. Hmm....I'll have to monitor him closely.
--
Difficult times. Fucking sucks. Yes, but I'm not shuddering in the corner, despite the anguish and bewilderment. I will battle, I will fight, whether weakly or with power. Still sucks . Anyway, I'm a bit spent from all this, so we'll move on. No need for details, we all go through mental bullshit and you've no desire to get caught up in mine.

After yoga today, I made a lunch of tuna fish with fig butter and garlic paste. I added a little olive oil, chopped watermelon, blueberries, a little feta cheese,and cashew bits. I don't need to tell you how pleased I was with this creation. It was sublime.

So, do I go see The Dark Knight Rises today? Hmm...could happen. Although, I'm not sure I need a couple of hours of an apocalyptic nightmare to raise my spirits. I recently watched No Country For Old Men; maybe I should gravitate towards something sunnier.

Tomorrow is the wake. Should be a gas. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, readers.



No comments: