Wednesday, August 29, 2012

As gentle tides go rolling by along the salt sea strand

A long day, but it flew by. We were busy at work, but not stressed out busy. I came home and once again felt the desire to move. A mess, shit strewn about everywhere. I don't feel like I live here; my imprint rolls back like the tide. I like my roommates personally but they don't put any effort into the upkeep of the place. For example, the three of us were talking in the kitchen the other day and they both told me their experiences with walking to the dryer in the basement with no light. Two of the lights stopped working a while ago. Because I haven't been down to the basement very much over the last several months, I had forgotten about the issue. Not Matt and Fred; they were laughing about how many times they've been down there and almost broken their necks in the darkness.

"Well, we better tell Rick about the problem", I said. "It's just a couple of bad bulbs", Fred replied and Matt nodded. I was speechless, but I wish I would have asked the obvious question: "So why not put new bulbs in?" I didn't say anything, but I don't think I would have gotten through to them if I did. That's where I'm at: I know the score; it's time to move on. Where? When?

All will become known.

In the meantime, I need to start thinking about going to bed earlier than I have been. Time to prepare. G'night, lads and lasses.

No comments: