Thursday, August 30, 2012

Anyhow, I sat by your side by the water

You know, it's not always baby powder and feathers, these lives we lead, but we can spare ourselves a shit load of suffering if we channel our energy in beneficial and resourceful ways. If you're like me and sometimes feel lousy about stuff, there are pathways that will lead to a much better place. Lately, I've been feeling a strong desire to be in a relationship. Rather than convince myself that it won't happen any time soon, that it is my destiny to remain alone, which is something I'm only a little bit ashamed to admit I've done in the past, I thought "Why don't I try thinking the opposite? What could it hurt? If it doesn't work out, I can always go back to my self-defeating ruminations."

Right on! That's how we're going to play it. Yes, because here's the deal: I'm not everyone's cup of tea, to be sure, but I feel confident in saying my positives outweigh my negatives. I like long walks on the beach, hiking in the mountains, frequenting museums, or just staying in watching old movies and eating pizza. Oh, and did I mention I'm a good cuddler? LOL.....Really, it's true. I'm attentive and caring and will rub your back as you sip wine. John Maher will be playing in the background.....Your body is a wonderland.....

Oh, hey, I'm sorry about all that. I've been working on my Match.com profile and it must have carried over to this post. Anyway, what do you think? A work in progress, but you can't deny its potency. Ladies, don't tell me if you saw some of that in a guy's profile, you wouldn't get all giddy with possibilities. You'd be consumed with the idea of dating him. Or something like that.

Anyhow....

Back to me being a guy who is not only worthy of being in a relationship, but could quite possibly be a good boyfriend to have, provided you're okay with the occasional key party and a fair amount of yelling (Don't worry, baby, I won't do it again. Work's been tough, I still haven't processed 9/11, I've been a little punchy because of the gout, but things will get better, you'll see). I'm not so bad; I've seen much worse. And here's another thing: While it can be said that I'm undeniably horny for women (and lately that has been an understatement), there is more to say on the matter.

As it happens,some of my dearest friends are women. I know, it's insane to say it, but I actually enjoy their company. Sure, I'd be lying if I said on some level there haven't been pockets of libidinous urges that assert themselves from time to time, but they are suppressed by my suave and gentlemanly ways. That's another appealing trait I possess: suppressing stuff. Women like that, I'm told.

So look out, ladies, I'm coming for you (I realize that sounds threatening, but I'm too sleepy to channel my inner Cyrano.) You have been warned.

The weekend looms. As I stated above, I'm sleepy. I haven't been getting a ton of sleep lately and today was another busy one at work. I came home and did laundry, cleaned the bathroom while I daydreamed about a better living situation, changed bulbs in the basement (I'm going to have to tell the guys how quick and easy the process was. Who would have thought?), and now this. I need to get some sleep. Before that happens, I'll meditate on how I'd like my life to be and then, someday, bit by bit, it will manifest. Beats being a wet blanket.

Make it hap'n, Cap'n!

No comments: