Saturday, June 23, 2012

You were an expert even then, but not me, not yet

I feel like I've been receiving more favorable attention from women lately. This is a good thing, I say. Last night, I caught one of the clerks at Newbury Comics gazing at me. "Does she think I'm about to steal something?", I asked myself in the two seconds leading up to her catching herself and quickly diverting her gaze. It happened once more. This time it was me who released the gaze. She was cute, but I wasn't prepared to initiate the courting process. This may have the ring of low self esteem, but it was quite the opposite; when one shifts his perspective over to a belief in abundance, one realizes he doesn't have to pursue every woman who shows him even the slightest bit of attention. Still, one walked out of the store taller than when he came in. The ego likes to be liked.

Earlier in the week, I received even more attention from a woman, but I'd rather not get into that situation right now.Not that it's too complicated (it's rather unfettered) or that it would agitate my emotions too much to retell it. No, it's just that I don't want pontificate over something that inevitably may prove to be without substance. It shouldn't, not yet, occupy the forefront of my attention. Or yours, for that matter.


So why this recent attention? Well, my friends, I think it's a combination of things. I'm feeling more comfortable in my flesh, more self-assured. And I'm taking better care of myself physically. Oh yeah, and I possess a radiant, pure heart, that attracts all of God's creatures to me like the strongest of magnets. Then there's my winning smile and my......

I think it was the venerable Han Solo who once said, "Don't get cocky, kid". I shall take his advice.

Last night, I made two worthy, no-brainer purchases. I picked up the latest season of Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD and Fiona Apple's latest album. I've already watched four episodes of Curb and listened to the album three times (It is pure art and stunning from start to finish. Fiona is one of the best songwriters alive and this might be her masterpiece. And her voice has never sounded better). Bliss.

Now on with my day. I'll see Mara later. It's been a while. In the meantime, I'll get stuff done. Have a joy-permeated weekend, readers. Don't succumb to the delusory trappings of those who seek to sap your energy and feed upon it with grotesque lust. Be a clear vessel! You have the power of discrimination and an inner, reliable compass to protect you from scoundrels.

Peace, always.

No comments: