Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Starlings of the slipstream

I had a different post in mind than the one you're going to read. That one, which would have been a clearing of the decks regarding the ending of a friendship, will have to be tackled when I have the time and energy to devote to it. Tonight's post will, which will be short and far less weighty than that eventual post.

Been watching MMA fights the last couple of nights. Love the sport, which combines brutality and grace and everything in between. I've been feeling rather punchy this week, so watching guys beat the shit out of each other has been a good way to vent.

I've also been feeling out of touch spiritually. I've been practicing yoga and continue to meditate, but it wasn't until last night that I felt like any of it was making a difference. It helped that I read from a book of talks given by Paramhansa Yogananda beforehand. It's been difficult to tell if things are starting to look better or if they're becoming more shitty than they already are. I could tell you where my thoughts have been leaning, but I don't want to bum you out.

Maybe it's age. You reach a certain point in life when more things are taken away than are given. It's why youth is wasted on the young. Fuck, maybe I shouldn't be posting tonight. I thought I was in a decent mood, but now I wonder. I suppose I'll cheer up once I read a little and meditate.


1 comment:

Kate said...

No judgement, but what would your Zen teacher say about watching people kick the crap out of each other?

(I don't know if you actually have a Zen teacher but I thought that I'd ask since you seem to reference Zen quite a bit in your posts.)