Saturday, June 9, 2012

Love is touch, touch is love, love is reaching, reaching love

It is late in the evening and my mind soars even as it seeks rest. There was much to sort out. Earlier, at Spira's exhibit, I saw someone who once was my closest friend in the world and now despises me for reasons known only to him and, ostensibly, a few of his friends. I hadn't seen him in years and, though I knew it was likely I would run into him at some point, it was a bit of a jolt seeing him. And seeing was as far as it went. We didn't talk; he looked right through me. Despite the knowledge that he despises me, I had half-hoped he would at least offer greetings when we met again. Being shunned wasn't a surprise, but it stung. He left not long after my arrival, dissolving like mist in the sunlight.

I spoke with Foley. It wasn't a fruitful conversation. There has been some tension between us and tonight it culminated in what felt like the ending of our friendship. Nothing overt, nothing dramatic; only the soft click of a timer going off. Didn't feel very good, but it didn't feel terrible either. Between that bit of business and what transpired with my former friend I was soon feeling sullen. But not for long. All I had to do was look over at Janelle and think about how much I love her, how increasingly essential she's become in my life. Subsequent conversations with people I like and who seem to like me back made me feel better. So did viewing the great art on display and the feeling of pride I felt for Spira who I've had the pleasure of seeing evolve as an artist. Her work becomes more and more impressive. And Missy D, my sweet little girl, was there. She is so zen-like and pretty; of course she put a smile on my face. And talking to Kreg later served as another reminder that not everyone thinks I'm a satanic prick. It wasn't a bad night. Not at all.

It is late in the evening and my thoughts wind down. I will read from either The Drawing of The Three or the Bhagavad Gita. Tomorrow, I will go see Prometheus with Janelle. I am very excited.


2 comments:

firefly collective said...

Kev, I can say with all certainty that you bring a smile to everyone you come into contact with. Your humor, sincerity and wisdom has gotten me and many others through many a bad moment. Please try no to let the petty actions of others bring you down too much...I know it hurts, I've been through it. And I can tell you that it gets better. I will always love you and always be your good friend, and I appreciate your friendship so much. And the Baby Boy...he loves you too :)

Kevin said...

Thank you. And tell the Baby Boy I think he's pretty swell.