Tuesday, November 1, 2011

He reels around the night club like the hubcaps off of a car

I feel a bit like writing, but I also feel like doing other stuff. As a compromise, I'm going to blaze through this post within ten minutes. Let's get started then.

Okay, first on my mind is the wonderful experience of reading from a book of lectures given by Paramahansa Yogananda. Over and over he stresses the importance of meditation. I'm in full agreement, though I find it a bit daunting his recommendation that we meditate for six hours straight one day a week. There are people who practice an instrument for longer stretches, he reasoned. Yeah, but they weren't embarking on a trip that could potentially shatter their worldview into a thousand shards of light in one timeless, eternal instant. I guess that's the point, daunting and scary as it is, and it's why I might give it a shot. I recall hearing that the Buddha once said that all it took was to hear his message only once and you would spend however lifetimes it took to see it realized.

It's been over ten minutes, so I'm out of here. I guess you could say I worked over time. I think I should treat myself to a pot roast.

Namaste, bitches.

No comments: