Sunday, November 20, 2011

Remember to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better

About an hour ago, I was standing over the toilet peeing when I felt something on my foot. My first thought was to wonder if it was a mouse. I didn't really believe it, though. When I looked down, I saw that it was indeed a mouse. I let out a yelp of surprise and tried not to get pee everywhere. The mouse fled under the tub. What a jerk!

I exited the bathroom and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I called my sister and while talking with her I saw at least two mice waltzing around the kitchen with impunity. I was still a little on edge from the bathroom incident, so every time I saw one, I got a little jumpy. I'm not afraid of mice, but I'm not a fan of them climbing all over me. I declare war. It won't go well for these tiny terrorists.

Taking advantage of the weather, I made my way to the park by house and read from my book by Paramansa Yogananda. It was a great day to be out. Winter is encroaching and there will be fewer and fewer days like it. I would like to abolish winter; it's just a lousy season.

Stepped up my yoga routine today and I'm feeling the results. A bit sore here and there, but I'm glad I'm challenging myself in at least one area of my life. I'll be looking into what it takes to be certified as a yoga instructor.

Tonight I will watch The Tree of Life, a film I've been eager to see for a while. I've been looking forward to it all weekend. I've also been watching a wonderful series from the History Channel about the Revolution. People who are on the fence about or in opposition to the Occupy movement would do well to revisit that time in our country's history.

Listening to the new Feist album. Meh. I always find her stuff rather lukewarm. I want to like her more, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe it never will. Whatever. I just switched over to Beggar's Banquet. A wise choice.

Thanksgiving is around the bend and I'm looking forward to it. Spira and Missy the dog will be joining me at my parent's house. We intend to set my nieces up with Facebook pages per their request. I will school them on how to vaguebook, humblebrag, and post updates that no one needs to hear about. They will be well equipped.

I will be going on a date in the coming days. I will keep you posted about how it goes. In the meantime, I will endeavor to decipher the secrets of the universe; failing that, I will eat some rice cakes and watch clips of Beetlejuice on Youtube. Make it happen, Cap'n!

No comments: