Monday, November 28, 2011

You love your loving, not like you love your freedom

I made it through the day without my symptoms worsening. Still the scratchy throat, fatigue. If anything, I feel slightly worse as I type this, but not by bold degrees. I think back to Thanksgiving, when most everyone I came into contact with was nursing one ailment or another. But what of my pure heart? Shouldn't it protect me from illness? It should, and I suspect it is. Without it, I'd probably be in the hospital right now.

I had some energy when I came home. I changed some light bulbs, re-set mousetraps (those lil' sons of bitches didn't find the blue cheese I put out appealing, so this time they're getting peanut butter), took out the trash, swept the stairs. I've been feeling too much like the victim of circumstance lately. Every little bit of pro-action helps.

I had pleasant interactions with people today. Why that is, I don't know, but I'll take it. I'm fatigued and it's not yet eleven. Sorry going off topic, but it needed to be addressed. Plus, it wasn't a very scintillating path I was headed down anyway. We both know that.

Lauren was has been in my thoughts here and there. Not intrusively, not obsessively, but there all the same. I'm not pining for her - we don't have the shared history to warrant that -but she's nice to think upon. I wonder where we're headed.

I just meditated for an hour. It wasn't the best session, I suppose, but I couldn't wait to do it. So much in my life feels uncertain, fragile; meditating helps with insight and keeps me balanced.

Sleep. Yes, sleep will be soon. I had trouble falling asleep last night. Had to do with feeling a little under the weather, I'm sure, and most definitely the product of having fallen asleep through some of a lecture by Wayne Dyer I had been watching. Threw my schedule all out of whack. We'll see what tonight brings.

No comments: